GREG JOHNSON ANNOUNCES HE’S LEAVING A YEAR-LONG LA LOCKDOWN FOR NEW ZEALAND WINTER TOUR. After a prolonged Californian lockdown, Greg Johnson is over the moon to be returning home for his nationwide tour, Time Is A Traveller, which coincides with the release of his brand-new album, Tilt Your Interior.
For his first New Zealand tour since 2019, Greg Johnson joins forces with his legendary band Ben King, Wayne Bell and Mark Hughes. Special guest Dianne Swann will open the shows, celebrating the release of her new album The War On Peace of Mind.
“My quarantine is booked and I’m great at holing up in Hotel rooms so once they set me free, I’ll be rearing to go with my best line-up of songs and musicians since the end of the Gulf War.” Says Johnson.
“After a gloomy year of lockdown and seclusion in LA, and a deep aversion to Zoom concerts, real, interactive, cozy live shows feel more vital than ever, and I have many stories to tell. It’s an understatement to say I’m excited to be touring again and playing some of my favourite New Zealand towns and venues, as well as some I haven’t been to in more than twenty years.”
Plus1 proudly presents Greg Johnson live, he will play:
- Thursday 24 June at Room Twenty5 in NELSON
- Friday 25 June at the Blue Smoke in CHRISTCHURCH
- Saturday 26 June at the Grainstore Gallery in OAMARU
- Thursday 1 July at the 4th Wall Theatre in NEW PLYMOUTH
- Friday 2 July at the Meow in WELLINGTON
- Saturday 3 July at the Common Room in HASTINGS
- Sunday 4 July at the Nivara Lounge in HAMILTON
- Thursday 8 July at Totara St in MT MAUNGANUI
- Friday 9 July at the Powerstation in AUCKLAND
Details about the new album Tilt Your Interior and career-spanning box set are at Gregjohnsonmusic.com.
At the shows, Greg Johnson fans can look forward to thirty years of great hits including Isabelle, Don’t Wait Another Day, Liberty, Save Yourself, It's Been So Long, Now the Sun is Out, Looking Out On Monday, I Got Opinions, Swagger and more.
Accolades include two Tui NZ Music Awards, eight top 20 albums and a coveted Silver Scroll, for Liberty.
Of his new album, Tilt Your Interior, Johnson says: “I have waited 5 years to make this".